Taste Hungary Wine Club & Shop:
Connecting Wine Lover's with Hungary's Unique Small-Batch Wine
Unique, Small-Batch Hungarian Wine ... In Budapest (and Beyond)
For more than a decade we’ve been dedicated to sharing our love for Hungarian food and wine culture, and putting it in context for travelers to Hungary through our writings, tours, and wine tastings. At The Tasting Table Budapest—our wine cellar and bar in Budapest's Palace District—our team of sommeliers holds daily educational wine tastings, through which we serve from our collection of 200+ carefully-chosen wines. During the tastings we hope to spark the beginning of a passion for Hungarian wine! We are happy to be able to ship all of these fine Hungarian wines throughout Europe (and also the US), so you can experience just how exciting Hungarian wine is from your own home.
Our Budapest Shop: Wine, Cheese, & Spirits
Located across the street from The Tasting Table, when you visit our cozy wine shop to pick up a bottle (or two), you can stay for a glass! We feature pours of different wines every week—new arrivals and staff favorites—so you can discover new wines while browsing. Open Monday-Saturday Noon-8pm (VIII. Bródy Sándor utca 22)
Our fun and educational wine tastings are available almost every day! Advance booking is required.
Wine, Cheese, & Charcuterie Tasting (daily at 3pm)
Essentials of Hungarian Wine Tasting (daily at 6pm)
Want to meet up with friends safely minus the crowds? Make our wine cellar your own! The Tasting Table is ideal for private groups (from 2-30) for parties, wine dinners, tastings, classes, business meetings, press conferences ... or just a few bottles of wine! Host your own event at The Tasting Table, or let us plan it for you. We can even bring it all to you for an off-site tasting.
Buy Tokaji Aszú & Essencia: Our Vintage List
In Hungary no special occasion is complete without a bottle of Tokaji Aszú! It makes a truly unique gift for an anniversary, milestone birthday, achievement, or special celebration. We are devoted fans of this perfectly balanced sweet wine, and we are proud to offer this selection of older and rare Aszú vintages.
Join Our Wine Club!
Here's What You'll Get ...
- Monthly shipments (3 bottles each time)
- Four clubs to choose from: Mixed Wine Club, Red Wine Club, White Wine Club, or Tokaj Wine Club
- Unique, high quality wines, mostly from smaller and family-owned producers, which we’ve specially chosen for club members.
- Great wines at great prices, shipped from our shop in Budapest.
- Our educational packet—recipe pairings, tasting notes, maps, and information on the regions, varietals, and winemakers—is included with each shipment.
- Travel deals and tips for when you visit Hungary, including a 20% discount on Taste Hungary tours and tastings