Data Protection Policy
Who are we?
Taste Hungary is a tour operator (registered in the United States as Taste Central Europe), which provides tours and services in Europe. The owners of Taste Hungary also operate The Tasting Table Budapest (Tasting Table Kft, registered in Hungary), a wine shop and tasting room, in Budapest, Hungary.
Our Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
+36 30 690 4913
The personal data we would like to collect from you (the data subject):
(1) Personal data type: Contact information (including name, email addresses, telephone numbers, name of hotel where you are staying)
Source: From the data subject: Email subscription, downloading free guides, booking forms (when you purchase our tours and services)
(2) Personal data type: Credit card information
Source: From the data subject: Booking form (when you purchase our tours and services)
The personal data we collect will be solely used for the following purposes
- Providing the tour, service, or product which you have purchased through our website.
- Communicating with you about goods, products and/or services that you have requested or enquired about.
- Sending out email alerts or newsletters which you have agreed to receive. You will always be able to unsubscribe from these messages.
- Other purposes related to any of the above points.
- We may also contact you about your registration details, to manage any account or subscription you have with us, or to provide customer service, even if you have opted-out of or declined to consent to receiving promotional emails.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Taste Hungary to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by unsubscribing from our newsletter or contacting us directly to request that we remove your personal data.
Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest will not pass on your personal data to third parties.
Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest will process personal data as it relates to the products and services you have purchased from us. We do not store your financial information and credit card details. For newsletter subscribers, we will keep you subscribed to our newsletter for as long as you wish to be subscribed (you can un-subscribe at any time).
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest data protection representative.
Carolyn Bánfalvi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest, will collect and use your personal data for newsletter subscriptions and purchases made through our web site.
Why do Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with our products and services we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or providing our services and products. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest would contact you for additional consent.
Will Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest share my personal data with anyone else?
No, we will not share your personal data with third parties.
How will Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest use the personal data it collects about me?
Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimize the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organization holds about me?
Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organization that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organization, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Taste Hungary and The Tasting Table Budapest accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: government-issued identification document.